Celebrate Cinco de Mayo with Telos (on Zoom).
First things first, here’s the link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/85053811849
On May 5th, at 7:30 p.m., Katelyn will begin with the cocktail demonstration (first things first, amiright?). Then we’ll have a demonstration of how to make the official Disneyworld/Disneyland churro bites. By 8ish we should be just munching and snacking.
If you don’t feel like cooking, no biggie. Heck – grab a pop-tart and a can of cheap beer – the most important part is YOU. It’ll be laid-back, so it’s also a good chance to invite somebody new to check out Telos.
So – we need to get the stuff to make the stuff, si? (“si” what I did there?) And we need the recipes, to follow along (or not) at home.
Mezcal (or tequila)
Orange liqueur (optional)
Chile salt (or salt for glass)
Put the following ingredients in a shaker with ice. Strain into a cocktail glass over
ice and then sprinkle with Chile salt.
2oz mezcal or tequila
1 1/2oz lime juice
1/2oz orange liqueur (or double the agave)
• ground cinnamon
• all-purpose flour
• vegetable or canola oil
• cream cheese
• powdered sugar
• piping bag with large star tip
• 1 cup water
• 8 tablespoons butter
• 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
• 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
• 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
• 3 eggs
• 1 1⁄2 cups vegetable or canola oil
• 1⁄2 cup sugar
1. Combine water, butter, salt, and 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon in 1 1⁄2-quart saucepan
over medium heat. Bring pot to rolling boil.
2. Reduce heat to low.
3. Add flour and stir vigorously until mix forms a ball. Remove from heat and let
rest for 5-7 min.
4. Add eggs, one at a time, and stir until combined. Set aside.
5. Using caution, heat oil in medium skillet or 1-quart saucepan over medium-high
heat or until temperature reaches 350 ̊.
6. Spoon dough into piping bag fitted with large star tip. Pipe 1-inch strip of dough
over saucepan, cut with knife, and drop into hot oil. Repeat until churro bites fill
saucepan with room to fry.
7. Fry churro bites until golden brown. Remove with slotted spoon or mesh spider
8. Drain churro bites on paper towel.
9. Mix sugar and 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon in medium bowl. Toss in churro bites
until coated. Place on serving plate and serve with cream cheese dipping sauce.
– 4 oz cream cheese, softened
– 1 c. powdered sugar
– 1/2 t. vanilla extract
– 5 T. Milk
Combine cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth. Add vanilla extract and
milk until thoroughly incorporated. Add more milk if too thick.