This next week, Monday-Saturday, I will be on a family getaway to Gatlinburg. It was supposed to be Canada, but the border is still closed. No, I’m not bitter… at all…
We, like everyone else, need to take a break, unwind a little, and refill our tanks for creativity and coping. So – YOU, ALL OF YOU – GET TO DO THE SERMON!
Here are the scripture verses: Matthew 28:19-20 and Psalm 8.
Before you get overwhelmed – it’s super easy, and it’s a group project where you don’t have to put up with the people who never pull their weight on group projects!
Introducing: FLAT JESUS! Flat Jesus is a picture of Jesus you can color (or not) and cut out (or not), and laminate (or not) and take with you on your adventures, keep near you at home, etc. If Jesus is going to walk on water, laminating is recommended.
Your mission, should you choose to accept it:
- Color, cut out, laminate your Flat Jesus. (Printable available here*)
- Option 1: take Flat Jesus out in nature, record a short video (Less than 1 minute) of you/your peeps telling how you sense God in nature. Be as serious or as silly as you want. Maybe a hike, a bike ride, a walk around the neighborhood, to the pool (back to that lamination thing…), horseback riding, hot air balloon riding…
- Option 2: You can make a short video (less than 1 minute), of you and your family doing normal things – but with Flat Jesus. Be as serious or as silly as you want. Maybe social distancing at the store? Folding laundry? Eating dinner? The idea here is to help us remember that Jesus is with us always, even in the most day-to-day moments of our lives. (see Matthew 28:19-20)
- You can do both! Extra credit if you do both (this will be like the extra credit we gave our kids when we were homeschooling – absolutely meaningless, but it made them happy)
- THEN – send your videos to this drive: Telos Vids, and Joel will compile them into one video, that will be our sermon on Sunday, June 7th.
- Feel free to post LOTS of pictures of your adventures with Flat Jesus on our Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/TelosAtSouthminster/) or tag us in your post on Instagram (@.
PS – this is NOT just for kids, but anything you video should be okay for kids to watch.
- Flat Jesus image is from https://www.2ndpc.org/blog/flatjesus.